Saturday, November 1, 2008

Our Fall Vacation

(me and em on the playscape)

to nowhere...

We actually didn't leave Dallas. We stayed at home and did a bunch of local stuff that we haven't had time to do since we moved here. It actually was a lot of fun. I made a schedule for the week that we took with us everywhere - it had our itinerary and maps of where we needed to go.

One of the bonuses to staying at home for your vacation...you don't come home with a ton of laundry to do!

I took so many pictures...it's hard for me to choose just a few to show out of the HUNDREDS on my computer! So, I think I'm going to spread out pictures from the vaca over the next few days!

These pictures are from our day at the mall! Doesn't sound like much, but this mall was amazing! It's the Galleria Mall in Dallas, which is just beautiful, clean, has a great playscape for kids and an ice skating rink. Not only that, but we haven't been to the mall since LAST Christmas! I know, I know, that sounds ridiculous, but everything here is so far away and I just hadn't gotten up the nerve to drive through Dallas to a mall I wasn't sure how to get to. But we did it and it was totally worth it. I'll definately be going back again soon. Enjoy...

Emma BEFORE she knew what was about to happen...

Emma AFTER her ears were pierced...

These days lollipops fix everything!

We went to this kids toy store and in the back they had these strange mechanical animals that kids could ride. They were so adorable...I had never seen anything like that before. Emma rode the elephant...and then cried because she couldn't ride the zebra too...this was only the start of all the crying she did that day! Poor thing turns out she had an ear infection. Can you believe I would have her ears pierced on top of that? What a terrible mom :)

I couldn't resist taking this picture of Emma on the playscape! Somehow butt cleavage is cute when you're two!

To quote Emma "woohoo". That girl loves to play!

More pictures coming later! Happy Saturday!! ~ Andrea

2 comments:

Kayness November 1, 2008 at 6:44 PM  

awwww! I miss you guys so much! Emma looks so cute! lol...she's going to HATE you for the butt cleavage picture when she's older lol.

erica November 3, 2008 at 8:04 AM  

Yay! Emma got her ears pierced! Poor baby, so sad that she had an ear infection.

We LOVE the Galleria. Sarah chooses that every time she and Walt have a daddy/daughter date:).