Friday, October 10, 2008

Casualty of War...


...paper cutter war, that is. unfortunately the paper cutter won. yesterday i accidentially stepped on the paper cutter that i had conveniently left in the floor of my office (with the arm up) and cut the top of my big toe. i had no idea what hit me...thankfully, it didn't cut through my tendon, but it did go through all of the skin. the fact that i could see my tendon was so wierd. i prefer to not even think about all of the gross things that are just below the surface of my skin, much less see them! i'm not too familiar with serious cuts, broken bones, etc. i've been lucky in my life so far and haven't had too many injuries like that. i was seriously freaking out and didn't know what to do with it. should i go to the doctor, etc.? anyway, i did go. i guess i'm glad that i did. but now i'm limping around like something more serious than a cut on my toe is wrong with me. you don't realize how much you need all of your limbs to be in perfect running order until something happens to one of them! my left arm is killing me now since they also gave me a tetnis shot. i also forgot to mention that we had guests coming over for dinner and i was totally stressing because i was at the doctor's office all afternoon and couldn't straighten up my less than perfectly clean house. my husband stayed at home with my daughter and was in charge of cleaning up. very nice of him, but not my first choice. when i got home my guest had already arrived...and i had on a baseball cap covering up slightly greasy hair that really needed a shower, but was too late to get one. i felt gross and ugly all night!


so as a reward (or consolation prize) for my hard luck day, i made this wonderful trifle. not exactly the most difficult culinary concoction, but seriously good. brownies, strawberries, bananas, cool whip and heath bar layered together to create a wonderfuly harmonious bite!

1 comments:

~LL~ October 10, 2008 at 12:53 PM  

See...I'd lose a toe for that ;)

Glad you are OK