Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Handmade kitty



Not exactly a stuffed animal you'd find in the stores...but I think he's special because Em and I made him together (well, sort of)! I had a pair of pajama pants that ripped and wanting to recycle the fabric somehow. The other night I cut up the pants and turned them into this little kitty.
Em was so proud of him. Everywhere she went with him she kept saying "momma made it" in a very excited voice. I love that even a two year old notices that handmade things have something special that things bought in the store don't. I look forward to all of the crafts that she and I will do together as she gets old. To quote Em "this is sooo fun!"
Even though I'm okay with the fact that this little guy doesn't look perfect, I can't help but wish that my mother had taught me how to sew. My two session sewing class at Joann's hasn't quite made me into a seamstress!

0 comments: