Sunday, October 19, 2008

Projects around the house...

This is for you LL...

I've been trying to do little projects around the house...the kind that drive you nuts until you mark them off your list. I recently cleaned out and organized my closet along with the stuff under my bathroom cabinets. The cabinets had become a war zone with all of Emma's "rearranging" she does down there while I'm blow drying my hair! Finally everything is put back to normal! We also added some flowers and a few fall decorations to the outside of the house. The landscaping is far from looking professional, but it's definately an improvement to our yard... we've never put in flowers before! We felt very Martha Stewart-ish (at least I did, I don't know how Vance felt!).

We have several projects planned for this week as well since we'll be on our "going nowhere" vacation. I'll be posting pics of our vacation adventures at the end of the week!

Enjoy...

Some great storage boxes I picked up at Marshall's.

Would love to redo our closet one day with built-in cabinetry... also a sad display of how very flew clothes I have!

Our new flowers... what makes them even more amazing is that my husband dug all of the holes with a long screwdriver because we don't own a trowel! Can you say "ghetto"... It was hillarious and I was proud of him for doing it anyway to make me happy!

4 comments:

Jamey October 20, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

hello fellow Happy home monday poster!beautiful flowers and nice closet, I am Jelous!

~LL~ October 21, 2008 at 8:42 PM  

THANKS for joining in!

I, too, am jealous of the closet. :D and I'm LMBO about the screwdriver digging! You are fitting right in! It's not "ghetto" It's REDNECK!!! LOL!

Anonymous October 23, 2008 at 9:40 PM  

I like the closet! you did a fine job!

Jen Marin November 2, 2008 at 11:03 AM  

That's too funny. It sounds like something Darryl would do, except he would use my silver serving spoon to do the digging while I wasn't looking! At least they turned out nicely!